Why do we collect personal information?
- to provide legal services to our clients
- to communicate with our clients and contacts
- to manage and account for our services
- to inform our clients and contacts about legal developments
- to market our services
- to send invitations to our events
- to fulfil our legal obligations
- to generally carry on our business.
What personal information do we collect?
We retain the individual’s name and email address who send emails through the online contact and request for consultation forms. We also collect the information necessary to provide the specific services our clients require.
General use and disclosure
We use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, related purposes and other purposes authorised by the Privacy Act.
Use and disclosure for direct marketing
We will only use an individual’s personal information to market our services or to send invitations to our events where we give that individual an opportunity to request us to. We will not use an individual’s personal information for such purposes if the individual requests us not to do so.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information:
- to our clients and their employees, contractors and other advisers
- to our clients’ contacts and their employees and contractors
- to our employees, contractors and advisers
- to our debt collection agencies
- to other persons in connection with the provision of our professional services including barristers and witnesses
- to courts, tribunals and regulators
- to government and reporting agencies
- to anyone else whom the individual authorises us to disclose the information
- as otherwise authorised by the Privacy Act
How do we keep personal information secure?
Information collected via the website including email addresses are stored in a secure area within the site.
Accessing your personal information
You may request access to personal information we hold about you. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require.
Correction of personal information
We take reasonable steps to correct all personal information we hold to ensure that, having regard to the purposes for which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
You may request corrections to personal information we hold about you.
To request access to or correction of personal information, to request not to receive marketing material or invitations from us, or to make a privacy complaint to us, please contact us.